GLACIER is required for:
- Foreign Visitors with A, B, E, F, H, J, K, L, M, O, P, TN, V or WT/WB (ESTA) visa
- Pending U.S. Permanent Resident
- Pending Refugee or Asylum status
GLACIER is not required for:
- U.S. Citizen or National
- U.S. Permanent Resident
- Refugees or Asylum status
- A nonresident alien working out of the U.S
- AB540 & undocumented students/Deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA)
Why is a GLACIER Record Required?
U.S. tax laws require UC Davis to collect information from non-U.S. citizens to determine their tax status. GLACIER helps foreign individuals and UC Davis collect, store, and print forms required by law.