Use this step-by-step guide to set-up access for a new KFS user.
Any current KFS user can process the KFS document to create a new user, but typically your supervisor will do this for you.
Click on each step to get detailed instructions for that step. Each step must be completed before beginning the next step.
- Normal-level access: The KFS User document establishes all users with normal-level access.
- Additional Access: If a user needs additional roles/permissions, please refer to the information here. An employee needs to be set up with a KFS User account before additional roles can be granted.
- Decision Support-only access: If setting up a user for Decision Support only access, refer to the DS Only Access Management page.
- Subscribe to the FIS-Info email list to stay updated with system information and announcements.
|Steps||What's Involved||Person Responsible|
|1.||Obtain a UCD Login ID||
||The new user|
|2.||Process a KFS User Document||
||The Supervisor or
Account Manager/Fiscal Officer
(must be a KFS user)
1. Obtain a UC Davis Login ID
|What to do||How to do it|
|A.||Choose Your Login ID||A variety of services at UC Davis use the UCD Login ID as your identifier, including KFS. The UCD Login ID is an identifier you select for yourself that will be visible to all. It could be a favorite word, a set of initials, or your name.
Your UCD Login ID must meet the following requirements:
|B.||Learn Campus Computing Account Basics||In order to obtain a UCD Login ID, you will need to establish a UC Davis Campus Computing Account. Your computing account will come with:
|C.||Set Up Your UCD Login ID||Note: You will need to have your Employee ID number in order to set up a computing account. If you don't know what your number is, check with your department's payroll representative.
There are several options for obtaining your computing account. Choose the option that is easiest for you.
|D.||Redirect Your Mail ID if You Use an Alternate E-mail Address (Medical Center Employees)||Remember, when you obtained a UCD Login ID, you also received a UCD Mail ID at the same time. This e-mail address will be your default address to which all FIS messages will be sent.
If you do not want this address to be your default e-mail address, you can change your Mail ID to point to another e-mail address. Any mail sent to your UCD Mail ID will then be redirected to your preferred e-mail address.
To redirect your Mail ID online, go to the UC Davis Computing Account Services page. Select Redirect your email address and then click the Begin button. Follow the instructions to change the e-mail address to which your Mail ID points.
2. Process a KFS User Document
|What to do||How to do it|
|B.||Start the KFS User Document||
|C.||Enter the New User's User ID Into Your Document||
|D.||Finish the Document||
|E.||Track Your Document||