Do you have ideas for reports? Submit your ideas and get a chance to win a gift card and Spot Award!
How to Enter
Submit a report in one of two categories and include the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 28, 2018:
1) A Novel Report
- A description of what the report would communicate
- What information would be necessary
- What the output would be -- visual or spreadsheet
- Target audience
- Any other information that would be helpful in assessing its value
2) A Current Report
- A copy of the report
- A brief description of how it helps you make decisions, prioritize, and/or better understand your organization’s financial health
- An explanation of why it would be beneficial to replicate the report across campus
A committee comprised of AggieBudget team members, representatives from BIA and/or Accounting, and an Assistant Dean or COO will review submissions. The review criteria will include questions like:
- Does the report convey information to facilitate financial or resource decision-making and prioritization, more so than without it?
- Can the report be useful to many organizations (colleges, schools, administrative and/or research units) on campus?
- Does the report invoke the idea, “We should have done this long ago”?
A first and second place prize will be awarded in each category:
- First place: $75 Spot Award, plus a $25 UC Davis Stores gift certificate
- Second place: $50 Spot Award
Winning reports will be slated for development in AggieBudget (assuming the system data is able to support it). In addition, all reports will be analyzed in development of AggieBudget report functionality to support the needs of common report elements.
You might just be the next van Gogh of reports, so please share your ideas!