Only the designated users may update or replace users in the PPS and OPTRS structures.
Several divisions and units have implemented clusters with service centers coordinating administrative work for multiple departments. This instructional guide is primarily for those service centers that maintain the structures for several departments, but is not restricted and can be used by anyone with more than one department structure to update.
Before you begin:
- Confirm user has PPS and/or OPTRS edit access in DRS System.
- Review structures prior to selecting for update, know which will be included in bulk change.
- Verify structures for update have status of "New" or "Rejected/Returned".
Step 1. Access DRS System and select Search Dept Roles Structure
- Access the DRS System by entering your campus logi ID and passphrase (or password) as instructed at the Central Authentication Service (CAS) screen.
- At the FIS Web Applications menu select PPS/OPTRS Departmental Roles Structure.
- At the DRS menu select Search Dept Roles Structure.
Step 2. Select Replace Roles
- In the bulk update section use the drop down menu to select Replace Role. Replace Role can only be used when structures are in New or Rejected/Returned status. Structures not in this status will appear on the list of results but won't have box to select for update.
- Enter the PPS userID to be replaced (the one that will be removed from the structure).
- After making query selections, press Process Search button at bottom of screen to run the search and see results. If using any of search criteria in upper section of search screen, you may get fewer, or more, results than expected. If results are too limited then return to the search screen and reduce or change the criteria. If results are too broad, return to search screen and add or change the criteria.
Step 3. Select Department Structure to Update
- From the results list, use the check box to select a department for update (one click checks the box, a second click unchecks it). You can also use the ALL button in the column header to select all departments with a check box available.
- Selecting to replace a user on the structure means you'll replace that user in every role on the structure, even if you don't select the box for that role. If you do not want to replace user in a particular role on a structure, DO NOT include the structure in your selection to update.
- Once you've checked all applicable departments for the update, use the button a the top of the page Perform Bulk Update Action on selected Dept Roles Structure(s). This will provide a list of only those you've selected.
Step 4. Process Bulk Update
- Departments you selected will display along with the update action you are performing. The Roles ID for each department is a hyperlink to the department structure, click it to open a new window with that structure displayed in View mode.
- Enter the PPS UserID of the employee to be added to the structure or use the "..." button to search for ID by last name.
- Use the button Bulk Update All to perform the update action. In this example the update will replace the current user, Tracy Hunter, with the new user, Christine Marken, in every role the previous user was in for the departments listed.
- After action is completed a message will confirm the structures updated, and those with errors, if any.
- Using the navigation link in the upper right corner, return to the Search screen or another option from the menu. You can also exit the system using the Logout link in the upper left area of the screen.
Note: Remember, you have not completed the update process, only replaced a user. You may still need to complete other actions on the structures, or route to PPS Officer for review and approval.