Pitch your ideas to help UC Davis convert hassles into opportunities
We know the best ideas for fixing our bottom line often come from staff and faculty on the front lines — whether you work in a classroom, office, lab, field, hospital, or water treatment plant. UC Davis needs to innovate our way out of a core fund structural deficit, with new streams of revenue and new ways to save. We're ready to turn your ideas into action. We know even budget challenges are a chance for growth and improvement.
Share your IDEA$ that could help:
- Develop new streams of revenue
- Identify cost savings
- Improve efficiencies
- Reduce hassles and wasted time for employees
- Cut red tape that is unnecessary or expensive
No idea is too big or too small. We're prepared to invest with seed money if necessary, to generate net revenue over time.
We'd love to hear ideas that have worked elsewhere and might work here too. We're open to ideas that have been rejected previously or that might seem unpopular.
Ideas can be submitted anonymously, in case you are worried about what your boss or other leaders might think.
Dateline article, Jan. 10, 2023
All ideas welcome to help task force meet their $50 million goal
In 2022, Provost Mary Croughan gathered representatives from all corners of UC Davis to create the Revenue Generation and Institutional Savings Task Force. They're identifying efficiencies and opportunities to generate net revenue for the university's long-term financial sustainability. They're aiming for at least $50 million in ongoing net revenue and/or savings that can be applied to the campus core mission within 3-7 years, to help address UC Davis' core funds deficit.
The task force will review ideas submitted through the form below to identify the most promising opportunities for UC Davis to focus on. The task force will issue reports to campus periodically to summarize themes and ideas selected for further exploration. Even if your ideas aren't selected for broad use, they will be shared with specific leaders in colleges, schools or departments for further consideration at a local level.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes and donations for participating
Sure, helping improve UC Davis is a reward in itself. But prizes are available too!
- Everyone who responds and provides an email address for a prize drawing will receive a code for free tickets to Aggie Basketball or Aggie Gymnastics, plus a UC Davis Stores coupon.
- If you choose to provide your email address for a prize drawing, you could also win tickets to Mondavi Center shows, a $100 UC Davis Stores gift card, earbuds or UC Davis swag. Prize details (PDF)
Prize drawings fine print: To enter the prize drawing without a submission below, you must send an email to email@example.com with "IDEA$ at Work Prize Entry" in the subject line, and include your full name and address in the body of the email. This email must be received by January 31, 2023 to be entered into the final drawing.
- Once we reach 1,000 ideas, we'll also donate $6,000 split between the UC Davis and UC Davis Health Staff Emergency Funds and The Pantry.